Getting a six pack fast isn’t all that hard with a proper diet and an excellent workout routine. I’ve seen so many people fail to understand that your abdominal muscles are among one of the fastest healing muscle groups in the body and therefore can be worked harder and more often!
Getting shredded abs also doesn’t require going to the gym every day either. There are so many variations of different workouts that require absolutely no equipment and no gym membership.
No Gym Necessary!
All of these workouts I’m going to list can be done right in the comfort of your own living room. The Key to getting them fast is solely your responsibility. Committing to a workout routine and doing it daily, with a rest day here and there, will be the key to your success.
Not only will having a daily routine be important but your diet will be crucial in order for you to get a six pack fast. I know it’s the one thing people hate to hear that they won’t be able to just workout and get that perfect body. Now don’t get me wrong one is no more important than the other, but you can’t keep burning fat to just pile more back on with poor eating habits.
Also, if you’d really like to speed up the process there are a plethora of amazing workout supplements that can help aid you in shedding that unwanted belly fat and transform into a chiseled six pack.
Stretching and Warming Up
Like always, I recommend doing a quick warm up exercise that takes no more than about 3 – 5 minutes to get the blood pumping. A light walk or jog is always a good way to warm up and once you have stretching will be something you want to move to next.
When doing stretches for your abs at home I recommend having a yoga mat. Especially if you have hard wood floors because some of these stretches can take a toll on the Knees.
- The Cobra Pose Abdominal Stretch –
- Lay down on the mat face down to start the position.
- Keep your hips on the ground as you press upwards, lifting your upper body.
- Look Straight
- Hold that position for 3 seconds
- Repeat stretch 4 times
- Seated Side Saddle Stretch –
- Sit upright on a mat
- Legs straddled outwards
- Slowly take your arm over your body and reach toward the opposite leg
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Repeat each side 4 times
When doing your workout routine makes sure you focus on your breathing. Inhale before your rep and exhale slowly during your rep. Be sure to take a 15 – 30 second breather after each set of reps.
- 15 Crunches –
- Start with your back on the ground legs raised with thighs vertical and legs crossed.
- Place hands behind your head with elbows bent.
- Raise head and shoulders towards your legs.
- 15 Sit Ups –
- Start lying down with feet on the floor and knees bent.
- Place hands behind the head and raise your head and shoulders while rounding the back towards your legs.
- Return to starting position without touching the ground.
- 15 Hanging Leg Raises – This workout must be done by hanging from a sturdy support. If you do not have a pull up bar, this is something I would recommend getting at some point.
- Start from a hanging position.
- Lift your knees and bring them towards your chest.
- In a controlled motion return to starting position.
- 30 Leg Flutters (scissor kicks) –
- Start by laying face up on the ground.
- Raise your legs slightly off the ground.
- With your arms flat by your side, begin to raise one leg and lower another in a controlled motion.
- Make sure you’re only raising your legs no more than 45 degrees off the ground.
External Oblique Exercises
An important rule in getting a perfect looking abs quicker is to not overlook your external oblique muscles. Focusing on these muscles will help you show results very quickly.
- 15 Oblique V Ups – each side!
- Start laying face up with one arm behind your head the other resting to the side.
- Raise legs slightly to the side of your body of the resting arm pointed 45 degrees from your body.
- Raise your arm and legs and Aim to touch your foot as you focus on contracting the oblique muscles.
- 15 Dumbbell Side Bends – each side!
- Stand with legs slightly apart.
- Have your arms placed at your sides with a dumbbell in one hand.
- Place your other hand behind your head with elbow bent.
- Bend the torso by contracting your oblique muscles to the opposite side of the body of where the dumbbell is held by aiming your bent elbow towards the ground.
- 30 Seconds Side Planks –
- Put one arm on the ground with your body facing to the side.
- Lift your body keeping your spine and neck completely straight while holding your body up with your forearm placed on the ground
- Hold Position on each side for 30 seconds.
- 30 Variation Oblique Sit Ups –
- Get Back into the position of doing a sit up.
- This time you’ll be turning your torso with your arms behind your head aiming the opposite elbow to the other side of the opposite Knee
- Return to the starting position without touching the ground.
After thrashing your abdominal region, you are going to want to repeat the stretches you did in your warm up. Make sure you are practicing good form and slowly moving out of your stretches. Don’t rush, slow your motions down and take a minute to let your heart rate slow down.
This is also a good time to focus on your breathing. That is why I recommend taking a light exercise such as walking or a light jog to help you in your cool down. This workout, if done consistently, will catapult you in getting those shredded abs!