C4 has been in the market now since 2011 and has been one of the more popular products that the company cellucor offers. It’s sold over 2 Billion servings and has been proven to be very popular in the fitness community but does the dietary supplement have the perfect blend of ingredients to take your workouts to the next level?
Looking at the ingredients and exploring how they effect our bodies will give us a clear answer to that question. So lets dive in and review shall we.
C4 Original Blend Ingredients
- 1 g of Carbohydrates 0 g of sugar
- Doesn’t apply much in helping your workout.
- 250 mg of Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is claimed to have many health benefits from helping prevent diseases, decrease the effects of aging, and to help heal the body. It is essential for rebuilding damaged tissue such as muscle, which is what we want to focus on. It will help produce more red blood cells and reduce muscle soreness.
- 30 mg of Niacin
- Most people aren’t deficient when it comes to Niacin, also known as vitamin B3. However it does have several benefits used as a supplement. Niacin helps reduce clotting effects to increase blood flow in those with with higher colesterol, and it aids in the production of adrenal hormones and helps remove toxins from the liver. It also plays a key role converting food into energy.
- 500 mcg of Vitamin B6
- Again, its highly unlikely you’ll be deficient in this category or any of the B-Vitamins but the possible benefits from adding a smaller amount by supplementation would be increased blood flow which will aid your recovery. While there are several other functions for vitamin B6, I will only list what may apply to your fitness goals.
- 250 mcg of Folic Acid
- Helps the Body produce and maintain news cells and is essential for red blood cell production.
- 35 mcg of Vitamin B12
- This will aid you in red blood cell production and may give you an energy boost. It has many different effects and does prevent anemia. Of course the likelihood of you being deficient in this vitamin would be low.
- 1.6 g of CarnoSyn Beta Alanine
- Beta Alanine is used for its ability to increase performance in athletics. It has properties that will aid in repairing the muscle and decrease the amount of fatigue felt during workouts. The effects of beta alanine will be felt by a tingling sensation on the skin.
- 1 g Creatine Nitrate
- Creatine supplementation has been used for awhile now for its ability to aid the muscle in creating more ATP by replenishing your phosocreatine stores. Phosocreatine stores are what help the function of creating more ATP within the muscle itself which will be used for converting to energy.
- 1 g of Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate
- The claim made about this ingredient is that is improves blood flow by increasing Nitric Oxide production. This will result in vasodialation. The idea is that with increased levels of blood pumping to your muscles during strength training, it will decrease the effects of fatigue and the build up of lactic acid. However there is not a lot of supporting scientific evidence for this claim but is still widely used within various pre-workout supplements.
- The “explosive energy blend” 425 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosin (amount not listed)
- The claim made is that this amino acid helps your levels of concentration. It’s used for its abilities to aid attention and concentration.
- 150 mg Caffeine Anhydrous
- Caffeine is used as a stimulant. It does increase the heart rate and will give you a temporary boost in energy. The amount here is comparitively low considering this amount is roughly equivalent to 1 1/2 cups of coffee.
- Velvet Bean (Mucuna pruriens) seed extract (amount not listed)
- Used for its nuerotropic properties. But it also increases testosterone levels.
- Theacrine (amount not listed)
- Has very similar effects of caffeine. Its goal here is to give you a short energy boost and increase your heart rate.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosin (amount not listed)
Flavors and Sizes
The Flavors above are what cellucor offers for the original blend. The sizes come in 30 servings which run roughly $29.99 to 60 servings which typically go for $49.99. The recommended dosage before your workout is 1 scoop serving so if you are working out at least 5 to 6 times per week then the 30 serving size should last you a little over a month.
As for taste I believe that is a personal preference. I have tried every flavor and I’ve enjoyed all except for the fruit punch. Although I’ve known others to absolutely love the fruit punch flavor.
I’m not going to try to sway you one way or the other but if you are looking for a recommendation then my stamp of approval is on the pink lemonade.
Conclusion and Ranking
Ranked – 4.5/5
Having personally taken this product I do feel confident in telling you it is one of the top sellers for a reason. You will notice a more effective workout after taking this product, and increased focus on all aspects of your exercises. Whereas I do believe it may be under-dosed on a few ingredients, the ones that you’ll need the most are appropriately measured out in the serving size.
Taking this product along with a good diet and workout routine will help you see those results you’ve working so hard to achieve!